Come Work on Your Jerk Skills!!!
There are several important changes to the CrossFit Games season in 2014. Let’s take a quick look at what’s new!
1. In 2014, the week’s Open workout will be released on Thursday and will close the following Monday (5 p.m. PT). Like last year, athletes will have four days to perform the workout and submit their scores.
2. Any athlete who hopes to compete at Regionals will need to follow a few extra steps during the Open.
Those who complete the Open workouts at an affiliate will need to:
– Use a registered judge who has passed CrossFit’s Judges Course,
– Have their result validated by an affiliate manager,
– Videotape their performance.
Videos are required to collect prize money, and may be requested by CrossFit Games staff at any point during the Open.
At the end of the Open, the top 60 men and top 60 women in each region will be required to submit at least one complete video of one of the Open workouts. Athletes will not be told which video they will need to submit until after the final workout has closed. The required video will be verified by CrossFit Games staff prior to sending out Regional invitations for individuals and teams.
After the video review, the top 48 men, top 48 women and top 30 teams in each region will be invited to compete in their respective Regional competition.
Team competitors are included. If an athlete on a Regional qualifying team finishes in the top 60 in the individual division in their region, he or she will have to submit video of the Open workout requested by CrossFit.
3. In the Open, Masters will compete against all other international athletes for the opportunity to advance to the next level of competition. Following the Open, the top 200 Masters athletes in each age division will be invited to perform four additional workouts.
Masters athletes submitting scores must use a registered judge for each workout and have their performance validated by an affiliate. In addition, all four workouts need to be videotaped as Masters may be asked to submit one to four of these videos for review. Alternatively, Masters may elect to submit videos of the four workouts online following the same video submission guidelines from the Open.
Masters athletes will have five scores tabulated in order to determine their ranking in this competition: four scores from the additional workouts and one score based on their finish in the Open. The top 20 Masters athletes in each division will then be invited to compete in the 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games.
Read the full write up HERE
:30 Drills x 2
Jerk Technique Work
With a Partner:
12 Min AMRAP
5 Ground to Overhead (135/95)
*One Partner Completes Both Movements, Then Partners Switch