Should I Do The CrossFit Open?
Should I compete in the Open? The simple answer is Yes. Yes, you should participate in the 2016 CrossFit Open. There are probably many reasons you’re telling yourself why you shouldn’t do it, but you only need one to know you should. Here are 5 good reasons why you should sign-up today for the 2016 Open.
5. You get to compete with the best. What other sport can you compete on the same level as the best in the sport? You can attempt the same workout they do and see where you stack up.
4. There is a SCALED division. CrossFit is not just about the CrossFit Games and being the best athlete in the world, its about the challenge that CrossFit presents to anyone of any age and any skill level. With the scaled and prescribed divisions during the Open, anyone can participate.
3. The Open increases community! Everyone’s favorite part of CrossFit is the community it has, and what better way to show how much fun a community has together than challenging and motivating each other during the Open!
2. You just might surprise yourself. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen or heard of an athlete getting their first pull-up, first handstand push-up or setting a new PR during the Open. It’s a one of a kind experience that should be shared by many.
1. IT’S FUN. Who doesn’t love burpees!? Let alone doing a 7:00 AMRAP of them! Box jumps and thrusters? Of course, who wouldn’t want to miss that workout! This whole thing is fun and you’ll never know how much fun it is unless you come and try it with us.